I was so worried that no one would understand what it meant to have a special needs child during divorce. Mr. Klein knew about this in detail and I know has written and dealt with so many of these situations. Now, she is protected and the Court, thanks to Richard, understood that special care was needed when it came to custody and parenting time. I am so grateful that I found an attorney with his degree of knowledge. His fees are fair and he demonstrated unbelievable compassion.
Over 10 years ago Mr. Klein handled my divorce. He negotiated an agreement that worked perfectly. All of these years later, when it came time for me to retire, I went back to him. I would not consider another attorney. He has argued forcefully in Court for me and I know that I am in the best of hands with him.
I had a spouse who would simply not follow Court Orders. Richard knew just how to get the protection for myself and my daughter that I needed. He was always there with kind words and skilled beyond my expectations.
Richard C. Klein handles all aspects of family law, including divorce and separation, civil union disputes, child custody, divorce and children with special needs, parenting time, alimony, distribution of assets, and domestic violence, among many others.
Richard offers services to clients throughout New Jersey. His practice is exclusively dedicated to family law, and, as a result, he is able to provide guidance and counsel through nuanced family law-related issues, such as: the growing demand for family court input, how to approach allegations of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse within the context of visitation and custody, services relating to parental alienation and children resistance to visitation, and cases involving children with special needs. Richard’s experience in complex family law enables him to treat each matter individually, analyzing the specific needs of the client and any child(ren) involved, while always seeking long term, stable results.
His expertise and willingness to fight for his clients has attracted media attention. Because of Richard’s expertise in family law, he has acted as a legal resource and legal analyst for the media on many occasions, appearing on:
- ABC’s Good Morning America
- World News Tonight
- CNN’s Sonya Live
- BBC’s Moneyline
- WHYY’s Radio Times
- CN8’s It’s Your Call with Lynn Doyle
He has also been quoted and profiled extensively in local and national newspapers on basic family law issues, and because of his involvement in landmark custody cases, second-hand smoking cases, and issues concerning Internet relationships.
- A Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent-rated attorney, a peer rating system that is an indicator of a lawyer’s high ethical standards and professional ability
- Trustee, Burlington County Bar Association
- Member, State Family Law Committee
- Co-chair, Burlington County Family Law Committee
- Past chairman, Domestic Violence sub-committee of the Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Co-chairman, Camden County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Trustee, Camden County Bar Association (1993-1996)
- Member, Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, New Jersey State Family Law Section sub-committee for alimony, child support, and maintenance
- Member of major family law committees at the state and county level
- Taught courses on family law at several colleges
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chairman, Domestic Violence Committee
- Camden County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Past Co-Chairman
- Camden County Bar Association, Trustee, 1993 – 1996
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Past Member, Executive Committee
- Committee on Professionalism, Member
- Civil Practice Committee, Member
- New Jersey State Family Law Section, Member, Sub-Committee, Alimony, Child Support, and Maintenance
- Burlington County Bar Association, Trustee